Bag Habits: Make the right bag choice – Corporate Image
When shopping for a new handbag you need to consider several criteria. Not every handbag is ideal for every woman. Here are some tips to make the correct bag choices:
• Choose a bag according to your lifestyle, body shape, and personality
• The color and design of your handbags should be versatile enough to go with more than one outfit.
• Always “try on a bag” – look in a full-length mirror, from all angles
• Your bag should be in proportion to your size. Tiny bags look better on petite frames, larger bags look better on bigger girls
• Generally speaking, the opposite shape handbag of your body type is the most flattering.
• Tall and thin -choose larger handbags with a short, slouchy shape like the hobo. Select handbags that are wider than they are tall. A clutch is a good choice.
• Petite – avoid shoulder bags with a long strap as they will weigh you down, making you look even shorter.
• Plus – size -pick a large structured or boxy bag to balance out your curves.
• Take care with the strap length. Where you end your bag will accentuate that feature, ending a bag on your hip will emphasize them. Safest bet is to nestle your bag into your waist.
• If you carry your weight from the waist down, select a small bag with a short strap. This type of bag will draw the observer’s eye upward.
• If you are big busted, a larger bag with a longer strap that takes the attention away from the top will be ideal.
Must have bags:
1. A classic, dark neutral color leather bag for work
2. A trendy fun weekend bag
3. A fun shopper for weekend shopping or the beach
4. A clutch evening bag
• Bag styles need to be changed from summer to winter. A big sturdy bag looks better with chunky knits and boots but would look strange with a floaty, dainty summer outfit
• If you want to invest in a bag, choose one that you will be able to wear often. There’s no need to spend R 3 000 or more on a bag that will rarely make it out of your closet.
• Empty your bag regularly – it’s amazing what accumulates in its depths
• Miniaturize what you carry in your bag. Travel sized makeup and beauty products even brushes.
• Place your work bag in a desk drawer rather than where it can be kicked and ridden over by your chair wheels
• Do give your bag a wipe with a soft cloth when necessary to keep it looking in pristine condition
• The names of different styles of bags often relate to their function or shape
• Tote – An open-top bag with straps or handles.
• Hobo bag – A crescent-shaped shoulder bag. This style is often soft and slouchy.
• Duffle – Tall shoulderbag, often with a wider opening on top.
• Field bag – A flap-top shoulder bag with utility-type closure (buckles, snaps, etc).
• Clutch – A small, handheld bag or a larger, geometric shape that is tucked under the arm or carried in your hand.
• Satchel- A large, handheld bag. Many satchels are structured.
• Baguette – Long and rounded shoulder bag resembling the namesake bread.
• Messenger – A large, soft shoulder bag with long straps (often worn across the body).
• Pouch – A soft, small bag.
• Kelly bag – A classic Hermes style named after Grace Kelly; a large, structured handbag with distinctive hardware closures.
• Crossbody bag – A bag — often smaller in size — that is worn across the body at an angle.
Always maximize the effect of any outfit by taking care of which handbag you accessorize it with.
For more information on our corporate image and personal branding, programs click here or contact us at email@example.com